Sunday, February 6, 2011

Training as a Triathlete

Triathlon as we know is three sports rolled into on. Its the swim, bike, and run. Question I usually get is how do people roll it into one whole week?

Well I try and keep a balance of the three sports every week. I work on my weak sport a lot while maintaining a quality level of training on my strengths. Sometimes it feels like a circus act having the juggle all these three sports all at once.

A Breakdown of my Training Week

The best thing though about training for the triathlon, is that you always have something new to look forward to on the next training day. It never gets old cause its always changing.

The hard part though is the dedication and time you gotta give for the sport. I won't lie, I barely have any time for anything else. With having to juggle office work, teaching, MBA, and other household duties. I have to give up a lot of things. Although I believe all of these things are worth it if you want to reach your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment