Sunday, July 14, 2013

14 Days of Hot Yoga at Bikram Yoga Alabang


Session 7 & 8 - Time Lapse
This was the day I knew I had to tough it out as much as I can. I did my practice at 6am had a meeting the whole day and did my second practice at 8pm. I remember going on autopilot by the 8pm class, I wasn't even thinking anymore. Postures were just happening one after the other, it's like I was just jumping through snippets of pictures in my mind. I was feeling dead by the time I came home, I had my dinner at 11pm and eventually dozed off.

This I think returns to what I was looking for in day 1. We're in the midst of it now and this is where I will see changes and where I will need to dig deep in searching for what my body can do. This has to be the most exciting part right?

Session 9 - A Whiff of Coolness
I'm beginning to do odd things in the hot room just to see what happens. Today I went to see what the big fuzz is about in being by the door during your practice. Let me tell your right now its COOOOLLDD there! It wasn't even open and my legs and mat were cool. In any case, I don't think its for me. Heck yeah its cold but I think its way much more fun ducking it out with the heat.

Anyways on to my practice, today was a good day in my book. I'm not sure if I'm just not doing it that hard anymore but the triangle pose has began to get more bearable for me. My heart rate isn't all over the place anymore. Let's see what my teacher says tonight.

My head to knee is another nice pose I've been happy to learn something new on. I've been focusing on the PULL phase of this posture which Frank was saying would be the best place to go since I can't really lock my leg yet when its pulled up. So I'm happy I can find something else to work on now.

Session 10 - Way Out of Wack
I was very blank before entering the hot room today. I felt no emotion, no feeling, just nothing.  In some sense my body just had to drag itself to yoga. I remember even yawning during the first few postures and had my mind everywhere. So as  I started, I already set my mind to fail.

Thus it was such a tasking 90 minutes. Bikram yoga is tough in itself, but doing it the way I did makes it a pain fest of its own. I constantly kept telling myself mentally to shake it off but the mindset I instilled at the start of the class was such a virus that it kept tugging me down.

More than anything the last few days have been very mental. I'm quite confident I can handle the daily workout since that's exactly what happens during triathlon trainings. But the mental aspect of this practice is really something. If there is something I will learn, it will definitely be mental toughness.

Session 11 - A Whisk of Motivation
The mind is a powerful tool. I came in today with soaring motivation as I just saw a new race I got so excited to train for and do. I just went on and rode with it this evening in the studio, and had a very strong practice. My mind brings my body to places where it simply amazes me. Yesterday I had one hell of crazy day and today it was just a total 180. I'm excited to learn more on this.

Session 12 - Breath
Ginger mentioned the other day that "The mind is the king of the body" and "The breath is the king of the mind" and thus here I was today working on breathing EVERY little pain, hardship, and drama I would be having in the hot room. I kept a calm face and focused on breathing in every little way that I can. It's amazing really with what sort of sorcery this can do for your practice.

Everyone always has those moments when they are holding a posture and are thinking to themselves "ooh this is tough, I can't hold it anymore. I'm slipping, ow ow ow" Yeah we've all been there. But just like what Frank once said "Don't think! It's painful to think. Focus on your breath instead" Trust me guys, try it out in your next practice and see how much of a change it can give to you

Session 13 - Pulling Through
I had such a good sleep this morning getting about 11hours in. I kept waking up mid sleep thinking "what time is it?", then I doze off again til I just realized it was already time for lunch. I felt very refreshed and lazy at the same time thinking I should just do a make up class another day. But I said to myself, what am I gonna do here just laying around all afternoon so I brought myself to class anyways.

At first feeling a little lazy I went through the postures and remembered how good my last few days were. So I snapped myself into gear and again just kept on breathing. I may not feel 100% today but heck lets just do the best I can and forget the rest. Some postures were tough while others didn't feel so bad.

So hey that's session 13 done and were almost half way! I'm feeling really strong in my practice physically and mentally so lets get it on and keep the ball rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment